Why Donating Blood is Important!
A single blood donation can help save up to three lives. Blood can be separated into three components (red cells, platelets & plasma) and each component can we used to treat patients. It takes 250 blood donations every day to meet the needs of all of the patients in the many hospitals served throughout New Jersey and New York.
West Essex First Aid Squad
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
642 Bloomfield Avenue
West Caldwell, NJ 07006
- Donors must be at least 16 years old (16- and 17- year-olds must have signed parental consent forms and proof of age).
- Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Medications frequently taken by healthy individuals, such as aspirin, thyroid, diabetic and blood pressure medications, are not reasons for deferral. All medications will be evaluated with the blood center staff prior to donating.
- Donors must show a picture ID, i.e., a driver’s license.
- Donors must eat a good meal and drink plenty of fluids before donating.